INTERNAL QUALITY ASSURANCE CELL (IQAC)
IQAC of North Lakhimpur College, founded in 2004, persist with its efforts to create a learning environment that fosters all around development of its students so that the college can enhance its contribution to the academic field to keep the flag of excellence flying high atop. The IQAC has established several cells and centers and constituted committees to initiate different academic and governance activities. The thrust area identified in consonance with the UGC guidelines is to effect a paradigm shift in the teaching learning system. The cell continues with its ongoing efforts and will try to do implement most of the recommendations offered by the NAAC peer team during the reaccreditation of the college to achieve these objectives.
- To ensure continuous improvement in the entire operations of the institution,
- To assure stake holders involvement with higher education- namely, students, parents, teachers, staff, employers, funding agencies and society in general
Functions Carried Out
- Recording and monitoring quality measures of the institution: The IQAC has been recording and monitoring the qualitymeasures of the institution. It offers suggestive ways for professional development of the teachers, points out the necessities for strengthening the infrastructure and student support system, for creating a congenial environment for research activities, etc. all of which result in bettering the teaching learning process. It takes periodical feedback online from the stakeholders and self appraisal report from the teachers to monitor and evaluate their progresses and problems in the process of teaching and learning. The authority and IQAC adopts mechanism like random interaction with students and other stakeholders, unintimated and sudden visits to the teaching departments to assess the teaching- learning process which is one of the primary parameters in determining healthy programme outcomes. The IQAC also suggests for examination reforms for proper evaluation of the learning process of the students. As of now the college can be said to have successfully maintained/ controlled healthy achievement rates.
- Acting as a nodal agency of the institution for quality-related activities: As the nodal agency of the institution in quality related matters the IQAC has been working to ensure quality inCurricular Aspects, Teaching-Learning and Evaluation, Research, innovations and Extension, Infrastructure and Learning Resources, Student Support and progression, Governance, Leadership and Management and in Institutional Values and Best Practices. In short, it tries for development and application of quality benchmarks/parameters in various activities of the institution.
- Receiving, analyzing feedbacks and acting thereupon: The IQAC has developed a multi winged mechanism to receive feedback from the stakeholders. The practice of receiving online feedback from the stakeholders of the college is in force and that is supplemented by the feedback received through the ‘Student Adalat’-an open session of interaction with the students and the Grievance Redressal Cell as well.. Student feedback is also received through the academic departments and the mentor teachers. All such feedback is thoroughly discussed and corrective measures are suggested to the authority.
- Dissemination of information on quality aspects: The IQAC ensures that any information received by the college authority from other institution/agency regarding holding of workshop, seminar, special training, etc. are passed to the faculties through the heads of the respective departments, notice from UGC or any other funding agency seeking proposals for minor or major research proposal is passed to the faculties and that sending of proposals to UGC or other Govt. funding agencies for initiating new academic programmes, adding new infrastructure etc. and their subsequent approval by the same are passed to the faculties through respective HoD's.
- Guiding, coordinating and reviewing the functions and activities of the Cells, Committees, Offices etc. formed for different quality related works: A good number of cells and committees are functioning in association with or as auxiliary body with the IQAC such as the SC Committee, ST Committee, OBC Cell, Minority Cell, Grievance Redressal Cell, Anti Ragging Committee, Committee for Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment against Women, Parents/Guardians Association, Alumni Association, Canteen Committee, Library Committee, Planning Committee, Disciplinary Action Committee, Committee for ‘Student Adalat’, Hostel Committee, Publication Committee and Placement Cell etc. The IQAC plays the role of guiding, coordinating and reviewing the functions and activities of these Cells, Committees and Offices.
- Organisation of workshops, seminars and proportion of quality circles: The IQAC coordinates with the different departments of the college in organizing workshops, seminars, popular talks, exhibitions, or any other training programmes, in holding parent/guardian meets, alumni meet etc. and also seeks collaboration from other organization in holding workshops, seminars etc.
- Preparation of the Annual Quality Assurance Report and such other reports as may be decided from time to time: The IQAC collects and compiles all sorts of information of the institution and prepares and submit the Annual Quality Assurance Report to NAAC and the Annual Report to Dibrugarh University every year within the stipulated time. These reports reflect the quality measures and yearly activities of the college. The IQAC is also responsible forpreparing the Self Appraisal Report to NAAC for re-accreditation of the college.
- Verification of records of the Faculty members relating to promotion under CAS: The IQAC complies with its responsibility to verify the promotion related documents of the faculty members under CAS with the help of the API Verification Sub Committee and forwards them to the DHE for approval.
Dr. Raghab Parajuli
Associate Professor & Head Department of Chemistry
North Lakhimpur College (Autonomous)
Contact: 9435508247 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org